What is Prince 2 Project Management?
A structured project management method and practitioner certification programme. PRINCE2 emphasises dividing projects into manageable and controllable stages.
PRINCE2 was developed as aUK Government standard for information systems projects and is now in the public domain offering non-proprietorial best practice guidance on project management.
Key features of PRINCE2:
- Focus on business justification – why are we doing what we are doing
- Defined organisation structure for the project management team
- Product-based planning approach
- Emphasis on dividing the project into manageable and controllable stages
- Flexibility that can be applied at a level appropriate to the project.